Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back all tan (burned) from the lake

Well we are back… No cards but a few pictures for you. We spent 4 days down at Elephant Butte Lake. We had such a great time. This is the first time Terry and I have gone alone in 22 years. We had a good time not keeping to any kind of schedule. We went out fishing on the boat every morning. Then we spent the day just hanging out or paddling around in the kayaks. I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow though. Wish I had a few more days to play.



I think I got the bigger fish!!!





On one of our walks I found these Devil's claws (Proboscidea louisianica). They are native to New Mexico but my husband (born and raised here) has never seen them. As kids we use to chase each other with them. I still think they are so cool.



3 comments:

  1. Mary,
    I'm happy for you to be able to get away with your hubby and looks like you're having a ggod time!
    Nice fish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky girl!! So glad you enjoyed yourself and had fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. You definitely caught the bigger fish. Awesome pictures and so glad you had a great time.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you so much for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated and makes me feel good. Mary