Friday, October 17, 2008

Make-a-Wish

I will be joining the wonderful group of people who donate their time and energy to making a child's wish come true, at make-a-wish. I have mixed feelings about being part of this wonderful group. Not because I don't believe in what they are doing but because it has hit so close to home for me. I think I am afraid it will bring up all the old feelings of fear for me. Most of you know that our youngest son was diagnosed with cancer "Osteosarcoma" in his right leg, when he was 12 years old. He is doing great now at 16 years old, but it was a long year of chemo. The reason I want to work with Make-A-Wish is simple..... Mitch received a wish when he was sick. He wanted a lap top computer and a TV game. Well they took him on a shopping spree to best buy and boy did he get what he wanted. He said he would go through it all again for all the "cool" stuff he got. I don't really think he would but it sure helped him get through the 20+ hospital stays and pass the time when he couldn't be around anyone because his blood count was down. So wish me luck and courage.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear your son is doing better. i could not even image what he went through. My mom went through colon cancer and is doing better to. I think it is awesome that you are working for make a wish foundation. It is a wonderful foundation. I know you will be awesome and it benefits many.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you so much for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated and makes me feel good. Mary