Saturday, October 25, 2008

Green Chili Chicken Soup

This is sooooooooo good. I make this soup for just about every potluck or when I need to feed a lot of people. I also keep copies of the recipe printed out and take with me whenever I take the soup. People Always ask for the recipe !
Hope you enjoy. Would love to know what you think.

3 chicken bouillon, cubes
5 14 oz. cans chicken broth
6 cups milk (I use skim)
3 pounds chicken breasts, cooked
1-teaspoon garlic powder, or fresh garlic
1 onion, medium, finely chopped
1 green chili, Bueno Mild chopped
1/4 green chili, Bueno Hot, chopped
4 to 5 green chili, roasted, chopped (opt)
1 cup half and half
salt and pepper
Roux
1 1/2 sticks butter
1-cup flour
Bring chicken broth and cubes to a boil in a large pot. Add cooked chicken, green chili, onion, and garlic. Simmer 20 minutes. Add milk bring to a boil again. Meanwhile, in a small pan, melt butter, and then add flour cooking until paste like. Slowly add to boiling soup. Soup will begin to thicken. Simmer for 30 minutes. If simmering longer, stir often. Just before serving add half and half. Serve with flour tortillas. May keep leftovers refrigerated for 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you so much for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated and makes me feel good. Mary