Friday, March 20, 2009

A quick update kind of a mini Tutorial I guess


I had several people ask how to make the little glass necklace. Well here is a very quick lesion.
You will need:
1”x 1” piece of clear glass (this one has rounded corners and smooth edges I have not been able to find them at any craft store so if anyone finds them please let me know)
Clear water based lacquer (or glue that will dry clear)
1” x 1” photo, color copy or stamped image
1 ½ ” x 1 ½ ” piece of decorative paper
Jewelry loop
Ok use the lacquer to glue the decorative paper to the back of the image pretty sides out. Put 5 dots of the lacquer on the back of the glass (make it look like the #5 dice) and place on top of the image. Cut the image along all sides, I start with the corners first then trim the sides. Glue the jewelry loop on the back with some very strong glue I used E-6000. Now let dry for 24 hours…. I did have some bleeding on the photo of the boys so next time I will spray the inkjet image with some kind of sealer. Hope that all makes sense, if not please send me a comment and I will try it again. Have a great Weekend!!!!!! I am sure I will be able to find some stamping time so it will be a good one for me.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tutorial! I'm anxious to try it. Have you tried soldering the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to try..
    mona & the girls

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you so much for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated and makes me feel good. Mary